Monday, March 8, 2021

First Day of School Jitters...Really?

I have the first-day-of-school jitters. Hard to believe when it's March, but the first group of kiddos comes into the building tomorrow.  And what a first day it will be, masked and socially distanced, wielding electronic thermometers at foreheads and verifying student's health with a green check!  

These guys have never been in our building - in fact, no students have ever been in our very-close-to-finished building.  Almost every single teacher has moved classrooms, so even the seventh and eighth-graders will be hard-pressed to figure out where their teachers' rooms are.  

And, as usual, I'm worried about what I'm going to wear!  I typically wear a suit of some sort, and of course our school colors. Honestly, having worn mostly jeans for the last 11 months, I am sure nothing will fit from my work-clothes closet.  So, a stretchy black skirt it is.  And boots - my black boots - they at least feel kind of dressy, even though they are flat.  I do need flat these days, as when I take one pass on every hallway in the building, I cover 1.4 miles.  

Clothes, protocols, routines, striping down the hallway - stretchy clothes or not - we are so excited to see young people coming back into classrooms!  

4 comments:

  1. How exciting! I get them every year too but this year was much more. My kiddos came back very briefly in October (are back now too) and they too have never been in our building and some had never been in school (I teach Kindergarten). It's been great to have them back. I wish you a great "first day" and many more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're ready! We 8th grade teachers are eager to hear about the 6th grade perspective. Thanks for going in first. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you looked great and everything went well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You capture so many details of our massive school bldg. and all that you have guided to be put in place for a great 1st day back in the bldg. I love that then your slice went to "what to wear?"!!

    ReplyDelete