Saturday, April 9, 2016

A Gift of Writing

Dear Mom,

As I considered the topic for my blog post for the last day of March, the last day of the Two Writing Teachers "Slice of Life" Writing Challenge, I thought I might pen a post to one of my favorite readers, who has been on my mind so much during the last couple of months - YOU!

Just wanted to let you know how much we love you.  We have been shocked (and are probably still in denial, to a certain extent) by your diagnosis.  We worry very much about not being able to be closer: to make dinners, to give you a hug, to just be there for you and dad.  I've admired how strong you have sounded when we have spoken on the phone; I hope that in a similar situation that I will be able to respond with the grace and strength that you have displayed.  I love hearing that you and dad are such a team - that's reassuring and reminds me that meaningful relationships grow only stronger when challenged.

Because we can't be there physically, to help you through this - and you will get through it - I will try to keep writing on my blog on a weekly basis.  I hope this gift of writing proves entertaining, perhaps comforting, or at least distracting, or even like a written hug sent to you every Tuesday from the Smith family.

Thinking of you every day - and sending you thoughts and prayers for strength and serenity.

With much love,

E  

1 comment:

  1. a fabulous way to send a hug when you can't be as close as you'd like!

    ReplyDelete