Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Stress Test...

Feeling tense this afternoon - stressed out - at odds with the world - close to tears. All day, in fact.  Why? Not exactly sure - but a drive in the car with my newly permitted daughter helped cure me.

  • I practiced my isometric exercises (I was clenching my fists, tightly) while Rebecca drove carefully (read really slowly) around the parking lot.  
  • I worked on repetition, that's supposed to relieve stress, right?  " Stop... ...stop ... stop now! Turn.... turn the wheel... turn the wheel now." 
  • My core is feeling very loved, as my stomach muscles were tensed for a full thirty minute window - without breaks!  Isn't that the same as doing a plank?

Well, after returning home, I'm relieved to say that I feel more relaxed - and she did very well driving.  I'm going to remember this method of relaxing....It's available to anyone else who might need a stress reliever, free - call me.  Please.

4 comments:

  1. My oldest child is turning 9 next month--I'm not ready! Am pleased to hear that teaching your daughter to drive might be a stress reliever... Sweet slice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I remember my dad teaching me to drive in a big empty lot and getting furious when I took one hand off the wheel. My kids are 5 and 3.., don't look forward to that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Oh, I don't look forward to this. My oldest is 12... so I'm going to pretend it isn't part of our future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! Been there three times and it was always stressful the first time with each one. I am glad to say, that part of life is over...well maybe not. I miss my kids being here at home!

    ReplyDelete