Monday, March 12, 2018

New Clothes?

Shopping, ugh.  I absolutely hate any shopping more detailed than pick it up, look at it, throw it in the cart because it will look great on!

Today I was on a quest for a new suit.  It must...have pants, because they are often slimming, be black, because that's slimming too, and plain, because I can't do froo froo.  No problem!

My friend and I walked confidently in to the large department store in the mall I rarely go to, and then paused, at once confused and overwhelmed. "Where do we start?" I asked, glancing at the different styles of clothing arrayed along the walls, designers' names in big black blocky letters above each section.

"Well at Costco..." she began, and we both giggled, because that's really where we like to shop.  In fact, the aforementioned shopping technique works great there.

We ducked left into one of the designer alcoves and moved intently through the surrounding spaces touching clothes, stopping occasionally when something caught our attention.  After 15 minutes we realized that we had gone through most of the floor, and yet had seen nothing I was willing to try on.

"Ok, I think we need to start again," I sighed to her - and back we rolled to the first alcove, where, surprisingly we found two suits with matching tops that looked great on, too.

Really, the clothes looked great on - funny how you can tell when you actually try the clothes on before you buy them.  I've decided I will invest a little more in my clothes, perhaps shop the sales at the mall before nickel and diming my way through Costco for clothes again.    

1 comment:

  1. Shopping has a bad rap, but it’s not total torture when you can items you like. I’m glad you had a good experience this time!

    ReplyDelete