Monday, March 5, 2018

Getting Physically Ready

I've an important event coming up.  So, this afternoon I played hookey (read: left work at a reasonable hour) and headed over to our local hairdresser for some TLC.  A quick snip of the bangs, a little warm wax to shape the eyebrows, and a careful trim of the finger nails, including a hand massage, left me feeling relaxed and confident. I should really do this more often, I thought.

When the ladies began to argue about which color I should put on my nails, I truly felt like I was an important member of this little beauty salon community; and it felt like the whole salon had taken on the role of helping me look my best for this exciting event.

Finally, Jenny said, "You are classic, we will go with this classic..." and she selected a lovely taupe with a hint of lavender.  It's perfect! And, what a lovely compliment.  Now, to get mentally ready!

 

3 comments:

  1. What a great start to the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you're setting a great example. Take care of yourself so you can take care of others. I like this idea a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "You are classic" Couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete