Thursday, March 3, 2016

Feeling like a middle school student myself!

The two piercing beeps startled the class.  The social studies teacher and I glanced at each other, eyebrows raised; an announcement at this time of day? our expressions read.  Immediately I worried - what's gone wrong?  The principal's voice broke the eerie silence, "Sorry for this interruption.  Because of the weather forecasts for tonight and tomorrow morning we wanted to update you in advance..."  Seventh graders literally crossed their fingers as her voice continued, "And, because middle schools have an early release, if there is a two hour delay, school will be cancelled."

There was a stunned moment - then cheers rang through the room. When the final bell rang to dismiss, students went out high-fiving and calling "See you Monday."

I was right in there with them! One more snow day would be just perfect!

7 comments:

  1. That would be nice, wouldn't it? Unfortunately, I'm not feeling it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the kids might get a three-day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I think I would've lost composure and danced and cheered louder than the students!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree with you! I know some people always say.. "Why are you happy- we have to make it up at the end of the year.." But I never mind it is that unexpected day in the middle of the week you get to spend at home that I'd rather have.. just like you and your middle schoolers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree with you! I know some people always say.. "Why are you happy- we have to make it up at the end of the year.." But I never mind it is that unexpected day in the middle of the week you get to spend at home that I'd rather have.. just like you and your middle schoolers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I do hope this turns out to be the case - there is something delicious about snow days. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I do hope this turns out to be the case - there is something delicious about snow days. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete