Wednesday, May 11, 2016

A Little Alone Time

Missed yesterday's blog opportunity - life was overwhelming - but I'm back at it today.

I'm in a unique position this evening - I'm home alone.  My hubby and two kids (teenagers, really, but I'll always consider them the kids) are at a Nats Game (Go Nats!) and I'm feeling deliciously free to set my own schedule.

Motoring home this afternoon I considered the possibilities of my evening:

  • I could work...which will be there tomorrow, for sure
  • I could escape into TV programs, that I don't usually have time to watch
  • I could visit a family member...which I really need to do
  • But...
I pressed the gas pedal a little harder in my anticipation, whipped the car into the parking lot of our local grocery, and bought a frozen dinner and a container of ice cream.  The freedom to choose without considering anyone else's needs, desires, or dislikes made me giddy.  

Unloading my groceries at the house, with only the dog to keep me company, I reveled in my ability to complete the silly tasks that sometimes drag me down.  The trash cans went out to the street, the dishes that were waiting for me got washed quickly, laundry was started.  And, I'm happily cooking my own skillet dinner, anticipating dessert and a glass of wine.   

Sometimes it's nice to set and take care of my own agenda.  

2 comments: