Monday, March 25, 2024

Acceptable Escape

My go-to activity these days is to hunker down into my reading chair and escape into fiction of all sorts. Reading is an acceptable form of escape from the demands and complexities of my life.  Over the course of two weeks, I devour many books, reading before bed and for hours on the weekend.  

A trip to the library for replenishing complete, I relax into my chair, book bag on my lap, and I pull each book out to reread the inside cover.  Where will I start?  

  • Something light and humorous - currently reading anything by Jenny Colgan for this category.  
  • Romantic - possibly a historical novel from Mary Balogh.  
  • Scary - am I ready for something that I can't put down while my heart remains in my throat until the last page like the most recent Kristin Hannah?  

An orderly stack develops to the left of my chair - and soon the bag sits empty on the right, ready to collect the finished books and the cycle can begin again.  Ahh...

3 comments:

  1. I hope the week off brings many reading opportunities your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You perfectly capture the bliss of a fresh attack of books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed, reading is pure joy. I admire your balanced reading palate, with a taste for every mood.

    ReplyDelete